Friday, November 02, 2007

Timeline

Age 13: I'm sleeping over at my best friend's house. I can still remember the Smurf piggy bank they had on the hearth of their fire place. We are lying in our sleeping bags in front of the tv, which puts us about six feet away from her parent's bedroom. During a commercial break, we hear water running in her parent's bathroom. She gives me a look and says "The water is running. You know what that means." I say "Totally" although I have no clue what that means. She says, "They had the water running because they are having sex. I can't believe they are having sex with us right here." At this point, I have no idea what running water has to do with sex, but of course, I can't let her know that. So I say, "Yeah! I can't believe they are having SEX. Gross!"

Age 25: Although I've knocked my fair share of boots, I still have no idea what was up with the running water and how she equated that with her parents having sex.



**Inspired by #42 in "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch"

1 comment:

Amy said...

I bet they were trying to hide the sex noise with running water noise!