Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm a big girl now

For those of you who don't know yet, I am in the process of buying a house. It is the cutest house that I ever did see in a world (that's for you, Sarah). This is is what the house looks like:


Like I said, the cutest house that has ever been seen in a world. If everything goes according to plan, I will close on my house (ahhhh, my house) in the middle of July.

I'm really excited to be moving, not only because it means no more vaccuuming at 1 a.m. from my upstairs neighbors. It also means that my drive to work every day will be cut in half. It also means not living in the ghetto anymore. Yea, no more double murders across the street! Bonus!

The only downside is that it means that I am no longer only two minutes away from the mall and any restaurant that I want and that I am no longer only one mile from my other job.

I am going to start packing tomorrow after I get some boxes from Pier One because I have almost no spare time to pack, so I need to get started early. I will have EVERYONE over when I get moved in, so start looking for your invitation to my housewarming (that means you bring me gifts)/DDR party (that's my gift to you) in the middle of August. Of 2008.

I love all of you and I want to thank you for all of your encouragement and patience with me as I talked about all of the houses that I looked at and then cried when this one had a contract on it. And then rejoiced when the contract fell through. And then cried again when I put a contract on it only to find out that it had another contract on it. And then stressed for three days while we waited to find out if the other people looking at it could buy it without selling their house. And then rejoiced again when I found out that the house was mine, all mine.

Thank you to all of you who have offered to help me pack, help me move, help me fix things up, etc. I remember who offered what and I will take you all up on it. Except for Nate who offered to help me break in the new place in ways that I'm sure are illegal in several states. That one, you can keep.

-E

No comments: