Monday, March 21, 2005

This one hit me hard

It's amazing that sometimes you hear or read something that is exactly what you need to hear or see at that exact point in time. I'm reading some random book about a group of women who start a protest because the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is not impeached, although his wife committed suicide to get away from the abusive bastard. Anyways, the book is hilarious, mainly because they protest this by urging all women to stop having sex until the guy is impeached and prosecuted. I haven't gotten very far in the book, so I don't know how that works for them (don't worry, I'll let you know). But while on a train ride to Washington D.C. for the march that starts the no sex campaign, the main character is seated by an old woman named Queen Esther (her real name, by the way). Queen helps Lauren see that she is capable of doing great things even though she's scared. The following quote is one that hit me hard. I am IN LOVE WITH THIS QUOTE. It's really given me a lot to think about and I hope that it may help anyone else out there who is scared of what's ahead in his or her life (you know, anyone of the three people that read this. Hi, you three!)

"Every important journey is scary, and the big ones you usually take alone. But if you've got faith in the Lord, you're going to find that He'll pack your bags with enough courage to get you where you need to go."

Queen Esther

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...chill bumps every time...

No comments: