Friday, January 27, 2006

Taking one for the team

My hero for the day is the Nascar-esque driver of a blue Ford Ranger. I'd like to thank Mr. blue Ford Ranger for taking one for the team and saving me ~$100 today.

As we are coasting along on the freeway, all of a sudden there is a state trooper sitting on the side of the road. For most people this wouldn't be a problem, but it was for me and Mr. blue Ford Ranger. Why? Because we were floating around at about 90 miles per hour along a stretch of road where the speed limit is 65 miles per hour. A little extreme? Yes. Do I care? No.

So, here we are. Two cars going the same lots of miles per hour over the speed limit (sorry, I don't do math.) Who is the cop going to pick to pull over and ruin this beautiful Friday? I'm pleased to say that we will never know who he would have picked,* because my hero in the blue Ford Ranger decided to take one for the team and pull over before the state trooper had even caught up to us. And this is why I salute you, Mr. blue Ford Ranger, for taking one for the team.

*I think we all know that he would have picked me. Just because that is my life story. Except for the time on our way back from Union City to Martin when the state trooper decided he would pull both of us over. Ambitious little fella. And cold-hearted too. He totally didn't buy my sob story of why I was going 85 miles per hour on the highway where the speed limit was 60 miles per hour. I'm not sure why he didn't buy it because it was totally true and totally heartbreaking. Jeopardy started in 5 minutes.

No comments: