Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Life in Bowling Green

After being at work from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and then in class from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., I was not in the best mood while sitting in my car at the public library downtown tonight. I was sitting there finishing my cigarette, trying to finish a book that was due (I didn't, btw), and waiting for Megan to show up with my books that I forgot at the apartment. So I'm sitting there smoking and reading in my car with the window down. I smile at the car getting into the car next to me. Next thing I know I'm ending a ten minute conversation with a random guy at the library. That is one thing that I adore about this town. While BG isn't a big town by any stretch of the imagination, it's bigger than the two towns in which I've lived (hello White House and Martin), but people are so FRIENDLY here. I'm pretty sure that if I broke into some one's house while they were there, they would strike up a conversation with me and then help me carry their shit to my idling van. I'm the type of person who smiles at everyone that I pass (it's probably the fat girl in me who needs to be liked by everyone). In Martin, I got a smile back from most people (especially on campus where you know nine out of ten people that you pass by). On campus at Western, you don't get nearly as many smiles as you did in Martin, but people out and about in town are fantastic. I come into contact with a lot of different people everyday and most of them are so friendly and nice. I absolutely LOVE (and sort of NEED) THAT.

No comments: