Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Five things my friends love that I'm not so hotshit about*

1) Napoleon Dynamite.
I have a couple of friends who have seen this movie and refuse to stop talking about it and telling me that I should see it. I refused to pay money to see it in the theater or rent it from the video store because it had been built up so much, that I just knew that I would be disappointed and I didn't want to waste my money. I finally borrowed it from one of my coworkers who also would not stop talking about it. I watched it today and was very glad that I did not spend money on it. While I will admit that it had it's funny moments, it was totally retarded. And the ending sucked.

2) Sleeping past 7 a.m.
Several of my friends love to sleep as long as possible. I am often given a hard time because I feel like a bad person when I sleep past 7 in the morning. I like to be up by 6 or 6:30 every morning. If I sleep any later than that, I feel like I have wasted an entire day and no longer have enough time to get anything done. No matter how late I go to bed the night before, I don't like to get up late in the morning.

3) Beer.
While I've been known to drink my fair share of the stuff in between paychecks, I just don't understand people who want to drink beer when there are other things, fruity or chocolately things, to drink. It takes like what I would assume piss tastes like and it looks like it too.

4) Playstation (or XBox, they are all Nintendo to me) game marathons.
We're talking playing these video games for hours at a time. Not stopping to shower or use the bathroom. My brother can spend hours upon hours playing the same game over and over again. He will spend time online looking for tips and whatnot to help him on the game. There are so many other things that I would rather spend my time doing (hello, shopping!!) than staring at a television screen kicking alien asses.

5) Poker.
I have friends who will watch people they don't know and will never meet play poker on ESPN (b/c sitting on your fat ass playing cards is so sporty). Now I've been known to watch an episode or two of Celebrity Poker on Bravo but that's because they usually have really funny celebrities on there. It's not all about the poker. I have friends who can spend hours online playing poker with people they don't know and will never meet. This is just something that I can't get into.

If you can think of items for this meme that's been floating, feel free to take it on over to your place.

*also known as Caesar's Bath where you list five things that similarly situated people tend to like that you don't really get

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because I don't have an online thing, here are mine:

(1) The Apprentice
(2) Concerts
(3) Karaoke
(4) the color pink :)
(5) grad school (you're feeling me on that one, right?)

Love ya,

Oscar